International Baccalaureate

A week ago we launched the new International Baccalaureate site. This has been a project at Nansen since summer 2013, and I´ve been working with it since last december. A whole year. It´s a bit weird to have it out there after such much work. I will put together a real case of this later on.

The International Baccalaureate is a non-profit educational foundation offering four highly respected programmes of international education that develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills needed to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalising world. They work with schools, governments and international organisations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment.

I got into the process where some of the client workshops already had been done and it was time to sort out all different content to make a sitemap. The IB has lots of content, and we forced ourselves to clean up. They still have lots of content and that's fine, I believe they need it.

We started off with hand-made sketches. In that way we could easily copy and paste different areas on the pages. 

This was then transformed into html in the Nansen Blueprint Tool, which we have developed in house. This was an easy tool for the client, they could use the same url to see the latest changes. We used this for all sprint demos and meetings. We also added annotations to the Blueprint to make it easy for us to make changes.

When the Blueprint was approved, our designer Alexandra started adding some design. It had to have an international feeling to it since the IB is a worldwide organisation.

The client added all content in the CMS while we took care of all technical stuff. You can see the result at www.ibo.org. We will keep working with the site since there are a few things we would like to add and complete.